Part of the December 2020 STEM Resources Digital Calendar!
Students enjoy producing their own videos. This year make a goal of motivating students to share their knowledge through a video project. In my books find lesson plans, handouts and rubrics for creating video projects. Below is a free slide presentation with ideas. I’ve also provided links to free resources to help students learn how to edit, direct, and produce their own videos.
💡Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Video Projects: Tips and Tools
- The process generally includes brainstorming; creating, gathering, and/or remixing content; recording; editing; feedback; final edits and production; uploading and publishing the video; and showing to an audience (class, school, parents, or the public).
- Storyboards help students brainstorm the characters, dialogue, plot, setting, props, background music, and special effects for their video projects. This is a storyboard template I created for you to copy and edit as you wish!
- Find free lesson plans and modules to walk students through the process of producing their own films here. Students can learn how to storyboard, edit, add special effects, and more!
- Introduce students to the Rule of Thirds with this lesson.
- Students can edit videos with Open Shot, ClipChamp, WeVideo (recommended for Chromebooks), iMovie, Splice app (iOS), and VidEditor (Android). If students have smart devices, they will find their camera tool has editing features.
- Additional free tools and apps for quick video productions, include Biteable, Powtoon, Toontastic, Genial.ly, Plotagon, My Simple Show, Magisto, and Wideo.
- Remember to get parents to sign permission forms to allow students to share their video productions with an audience.
- Discover more video creation ideas by checking out these posts with my student projects:
- Fun Video Project! Produce a TV Commercial for an Invention
- Student Project: Problem Solution Videos
- DIY Video Lesson to Illustrate Process Analysis
- Broadcast the News
- Animated Character Videos
- Screencast Video Tools
- Go On Incredibly Fun Learning Adventures With These 10+ Amazing Green Screen Ideas!
- App Inventions
💡Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!
Digital Advent Calendar
Just click on the day and find a post full of free STEM resources and ideas ☃️If you enjoy these resources, then take one of my fully accredited continuing education and graduate online courses or check out my book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies with EdTech Missions!