Part of the December 2020 STEM Resources Digital Calendar!
More than ever we need to focus on student wellness. We can encourage students to reflect on the emotions they are feeling and identify and validate these emotions. We can also help students develop coping strategies to manage stress and other overwhelming emotions. One strategy is providing a calming area where students choose different activities and tools to help them relax. The Dallas Independent School District shares ideas and examples of what a calming area looks like in a physical classroom in this guide. Below are examples of virtual calming areas created by teachers and schools. Also, find social and emotional learning activities, ideas, and resources.
💡Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Social and Emotional Learning and Growth Mindset Resources
- Stop, Breathe, Think has hundreds of lesson ideas and activities for students.
- Click Use Template to copy and edit this Calming Room by PCSD.
- Click Use Template to copy and edit this Calming Room by @denbo_lindsey.
- Click Use Template to copy and edit this Calming Space by @StainbrookCathy.
- Click Use Template to copy and edit this Calming Room on Google Slides.
- Check out this virtual calming room website created by the Sacramento City Unified District full of resources.
- Here is another great example of a virtual calming room website create by the Cooper High School Counseling Department.
- Find the Growth Mindset Self-Talk for students, Permissions, and other social emotional learning visual posters to print and use for free here by @Kwiens62!
- Download and print the free Self-regulation Coping Strategies For Students To Use At School poster!
- The Character Tree has some free resources and tips to teach students about positive character traits.
- Emoji Bingo for students to identify and feel okay about their feelings!
- Z00 Academy is a social emotional learning game for K-4.
💡Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!
Digital Advent Calendar
Just click on the day and find a post full of free STEM resources and ideas ☃️If you enjoy these resources, then take one of my fully accredited continuing education and graduate online courses or check out my book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies with EdTech Missions!