Part of the December 2020 STEM Resources Digital Calendar!
Happy holidays and welcome to this year’s digital advent calendar! Below is a clickable calendar. Click on any day to discover a free idea, tool, or template related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Each day is a new post full of ideas and free resources, but you can’t click ahead. NOTE! The post will not appear until that day. If you enjoy these resources, then take one of my fully accredited continuing education and graduate online courses or check out my latest book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies with EdTech Missions!
?Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Inspire Learning with an Interactive Calendar!
Idea: Create an interactive digital calendar to inspire your students to explore a topic, learn during the breaks, or to provide students and parents with important information. Each day add a new writing prompt, brain break, Flipgrid, brainteaser, video, challenge, mini-experiment, virtual field trip, random act of kindness, calming activity, learning game, or trivia. Students can submit their work via a linked Google Form or post on your Learning Management System (Google Classroom, Seesaw, Edmodo, or Schoology).
Template: To create your own interactive digital calendar:
- Go to my Google Calendar Template, click Use Template, and edit as you like. You can add a header image or use the December one provided.
- To change the date double-click on the cell and click the day you want on the calendar that pops up.
- Take a screenshot of the calendar so it is a jpg or png image.
- Upload this image to Genially, which is the free web tool I used. With Genially you can add clickable markers (click the stars to see this feature) or make a small part of your image clickable with an invisible area tag (click the ShellyTerrell.com to see this feature). Add text in a window (hover your mouse over day 1 to see this feature).
- Then share the link with students, send them a pdf, or embed the calendar on a website as I have done below.
?Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!