This week is Meet the Teacher. I created a slideshow to guide the virtual meet-up with parents and students. I was really touched when my toddler looked at the slideshow and said, “I want to be in that classroom.” That’s exactly what I was going for! Feel free to make a copy of the template and edit as you like. This template was created with ideas and resources shared in an awesome Facebook group I joined, Bitmoji Craze for Educators. The group is super helpful and shares some amazing templates.
?Discover more ways to design engaging distance learning experiences by taking my new accredited graduate course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning.
Meet the Teacher Template
Click here to make a copy of the template. I added an audio message above my Bitmoji, but on my personal slide I also share a real picture of me with my daughter.
More Meet the Teacher Templates
Below are more templates and ideas to explore.
- Students learn about you through a virtual locker then decorate their own locker. Click here for template.
- You can get students to learn more about you by giving them puzzle pieces to put together which shares facts about you. Click here to use the template.
- Introduce yourself with a Bitmoji movie trailer. This YouTube video will walk you through the steps.
- Click here for a colorful template with Two Truths and a Lie. Here is a video that explains how to use Google Slides to make a Meet the Teacher interactive slideshow.
- Click here for a paint colored Meet the Teacher theme.
- Click here for a colorful numbered template.
In the course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning, participants discover hands-on how to continue the learning process at a distance even during inclement weather, a health crisis or other safety issue. Additionally, participants will create distance learning products and receive feedback from their peers and the instructor, a global leader in online learning, Shelly Sanchez Terrell (@ShellTerrell). For more information about this class, click here.
?Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!