This week is Meet the Teacher. I created a slideshow to guide the virtual meet-up with parents and students. I was really touched when my toddler looked at the slideshow and said, “I want to be in that classroom.” That’s exactly what I was going for! Feel free to make a copy of the template and edit as you like. This template was created with ideas and resources shared in an awesome Facebook group I joined, Bitmoji Craze for Educators. The group is super helpful and shares some amazing templates.
💡Discover more ways to design engaging distance learning experiences by taking my new accredited graduate course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning.
Meet the Teacher Template
Click here to make a copy of the template. I added an audio message above my Bitmoji, but on my personal slide I also share a real picture of me with my daughter.
More Meet the Teacher Templates
Below are more templates and ideas to explore.
- Students learn about you through a virtual locker then decorate their own locker. Click here for template.
- You can get students to learn more about you by giving them puzzle pieces to put together which shares facts about you. Click here to use the template.
- Introduce yourself with a Bitmoji movie trailer. This YouTube video will walk you through the steps.
- Click here for a colorful template with Two Truths and a Lie. Here is a video that explains how to use Google Slides to make a Meet the Teacher interactive slideshow.
- Click here for a paint colored Meet the Teacher theme.
- Click here for a colorful numbered template.
In the course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning, participants discover hands-on how to continue the learning process at a distance even during inclement weather, a health crisis or other safety issue. Additionally, participants will create distance learning products and receive feedback from their peers and the instructor, a global leader in online learning, Shelly Sanchez Terrell (@ShellTerrell). For more information about this class, click here.
💡Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!