“A key to growing as an educator is to keep company mainly with educators who uplift You, whose presence inspire You and whose dedication drives You.” – Robert John Meehan
The school year may have left you exhausted. Now you need to take time for yourself and go on some learning adventures of your own! Below are slides from my recent presentation, tips and resources to help you recharge. The ideas will spark your imagination, ignite your curiosity, and get you pumped up to try new things with your students. Click the headings in the slide presentation below to visit the resources.
?Discover more ways to design engaging distance learning experiences by taking my new accredited graduate course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning.
Tips and Resources
- “Take rest; a ﬁeld that has rested gives a bountiful crop.” – Ovid
- Escape technology, people, and worries
- Recharge with books- Book chats/studies, audio books, author virtual events, #BookCampPD, @HackMyLearning, @EduMatchBooks, @BurgessDave, @Foundations_inc
- Journal or blog- Edublogs, Medium, WordPress, Weebly, Google Sites, Wix
- Sketchnote- #Passthesketchnote, #Doodleandchat, #Sketchnotefever
- Virtual group fun! Games, Karaoke, Dancing, Exercise, Celebrations, Watch Parties
- Connect with educators online! Twitter Chats, webinars, MOOCs, online courses, online conferences, virtual events, livestreams, Edcamps, Facebook groups, #Hashtags
- Find your hashtag community! #Edchat, #Edtech, #Elearning, #ESL, #Remotelearning, #TLAP, #TESOL
- Twitter chats- Sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
- Facebook groups, pages and live events
- Virtual conferences, summits and events
- Online courses and MOOCs
- Challenges and Calendars
Schools worldwide are in need of educators who can engage students of all ages in an online platform and facilitate students’ learning success virtually. In the course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning, participants discover hands-on how to continue the learning process at a distance even during inclement weather, a health crisis or other safety issue. Additionally, participants will create distance learning products and receive feedback from their peers and the instructor, a global leader in online learning, Shelly Sanchez Terrell (@ShellTerrell). For more information about this class, click here.
?Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!