If you are using Google Meet for connecting with students then the links below will help you make this a more accessible and engaging experience. Please note that some of these tips and tricks work for GSuite Edu accounts. If you like these tips, then you might want to register now for my online accredited graduate course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning. The course is hands-on, self-paced, and you will receive feedback from peers and me!
?Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Check out the video below and be ready to have your mind blown. Did you know you could automatically have your live sessions translated in multiple languages?
Google Meet Must-Have Extensions and Tips
Try these extensions to make your live sessions more engaging. Just click the title and download these extensions for free. These extensions work with the Google Chrome browser.
- Meet Enhancement Suite of extensions
- Quickly check attendance on Meet with this extension
- Grid View Extension
- Nod Extension for emoji reactions for muted participants
- Tactiq Pins to save transcripts
- How to Do Meet Breakout Rooms by Clay Smith
- How to Start a Meet from Google Classroom by Eric Curts
- Whiteboard Tools for Meet by Eric Curts
- How to Keep Students from Joining or Rejoining a Google Meet without You by Eric Curts
- Check out this tweet with tips from educators using Google Meet for distance learning
Schools worldwide are in need of educators who can engage students of all ages in an online platform and facilitate students’ learning success virtually. In the course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning, participants discover hands-on how to continue the learning process at a distance even during inclement weather, a health crisis or other safety issue. Additionally, participants will create distance learning products and receive feedback from their peers and the instructor, a global leader in online learning, Shelly Sanchez Terrell (@ShellTerrell). For more information about this class, click here.
?Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!