Part of the December 2019 STEM Resources Digital Calendar!
We want to inspire our students to transform the world with their ideas, creativity, and knowledge. Innovation is a difficult journey. The greatest inventions that transformed the world took thousands of attempts and years of frustration and problem-solving. Many students want to give up after one attempt at a solution. They need a lot of support to develop the determination and perseverance to understand that each attempt helps us understand a problem more and get closer to a solution. Below are free social and emotional learning resources, curriculums, posters, videos, and games!
💡Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Social and Emotional Learning Resources
- Find the Growth Mindset Self-Talk for students, Permissions, and other social emotional learning visual posters to print and use for free here!
- Download and print the free Self-regulation Coping Strategies For Students To Use At School poster!
- The Character Tree has lesson plans to teach students about positive character traits. Students watch videos about prominent figures, such as Mr. Rogers and Jane Goodall, followed by activities.
- Emoji Bingo for students to identify and feel okay about their feelings!
- Z00 Academy is a free social emotional learning game for K-4.
- Stop, Breathe, Think has hundreds of lesson ideas and activities for students.
Supporting Students So They Don’t Get Frustrated
- I Can Cards from Mrs. Wideen to print and edit.
- Flipgrid AR station instructions students scan as much as they want to listen to the instructions again and again!
- Immersive Reader from Microsoft Education helps English Learners and struggling readers and writers.
- Accountable Talk Sentence Stems for higher level discussions.
💡Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!
To thank you for your sharing, friendship and support over the years I am sharing free tips, learning resources, web tools and apps for 25 days in my Digital December STEM Advent Calendar. Just click on the calendar below and a post will appear for that day. NOTE! The post will not appear until that day. If you enjoy these resources, then take one of my fully accredited continuing education and graduate online courses or check out my latest book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies with EdTech Missions!