“The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more.” – Charlie Munger
A new school year is here! You are about to meet many new faces. With so many minds to inspire you need to make sure you are prepared. Learning helps our students break generational cycles, lead better quality lives, and make a positive mark on the world. Below, find a slide presentation and 10 tips to equip you and your students for an amazing year!
Get your copy of The 30 Goals Challenge, Learning to Go, or Hacking Digital Learning. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
- Walk in motivated! Walk in believing you can make a difference! Try to avoid burnout.
- Engage parents! Contact parents first with positive messages about their children so they better receive any negative ones. Remind, GAFE, Cel.ly, ClassTag, Class Dojo, and Formmule are recommended parent communication tools. Find more great tips here.
- Change the classroom environment! In The 30 Goals Challenge, I talk about learning stations, makerspaces, and shoeless classrooms.
- Encourage learners to take part in creating their own learning environment! With IdeaPaint or butcher paper on the walls learners can post inspirational quotes or drawings. Let them design the learning stations, pick out the furniture, create the bulletin board, or design the virtual learning spaces!
- Be preventative and proactive when it comes to managing your classroom! Try not to punish, strive to discipline with love. Find tips and resources here.
- Connect with educators online! Personal/ Passionate Learning Networks support, mentor, and inspire you. Click on an education hashtag to begin connecting.
- Build a teacher survival kit! Teacher kits keep you prepared for never ending hiccups. Learn more here.
- Cultivate relationships! Check out my icebreakers for children and icebreakers for teens and adults. Find plenty more get to know you activities and digital icebreakers here.
- Integrate technology effectively! Pedagogy first then technology. Find resources here.
- Have fun! If your students leave your class knowing learning can be fun then they will continue being curious.
Check out more of my back to school posts here!
Challenge: Try one of these tips to get you ready for the upcoming school year.