May 4th is the famous Star Wars day and a great time to catch up on some sage advice from teachers who offer tips on how to bring the force into your classroom. Below, I have collected over 10 posts full of ideas from how to manage your classroom like a Jedi to teaching math with Star Wars infographics. You will find posters, lesson plans, and activities to help engage your learners and maybe seem like a Jedi teacher.
Get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers and Learning to Go.
- Sound as wise as Yoda with the Yoda-Speak Generator
- How about Jedi like classroom management?
- Slide presentation: Jedi Productivity! Get more done!
- Everything I Needed to Know About Tech I Learned From Star Wars by the @thenerdyteacher
- What Would Yoda Do? A Jedi Approach to Professional Development by @TheCleverSheep
- Be a Google Jedi
- What messages do kids see in Star Wars? Check out this TED Talk lesson plan.
- 18 things we learned from the Star Wars trailer has many ideas for teaching with this video trailer.
- John Spencer explores if Yoda was a good teacher.
- Your students can enjoy creating Yoda memes with this generator.
- The Mathematic Shed has tons of great math templates, handouts, and activities with the Star Wars theme.
- You will love the Jedi teaching posters in this post, 8 Jedi Math Practices.
English Language Teaching
- Star Wars in Easy English was shared by @ESLLibrary
- Cambridge shared learn how to pronounce “Star Wars“
Challenge: Try one of these resources to bring the force into your teaching.
If you enjoyed these ideas, you may want to get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers or my $5.99 ebook, Learning to Go, which has digital/mobile activities for any device and editable/printable handouts and rubrics.
Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!