I had the incredible privilege of being the keynote at the TeachMeet in Newcastle/Gateshead yesterday. I have to thank Steve Bunce (@SteveBunce) and Simon Finch (@SimFin) for their incredible hospitality and invitation. This was my first TeachMeet and I was blown away by the incredible way that educators are working with their students. For example, I saw a presentation by Alasdair Douglas (@hairysporran) about Literacy and Skateboarding through game-based learning and various other technologies! I believe that Newcastle is definitely a mecca for innovative teaching, especially with technology. It was Gateshead that helped Dr. Sugata Mitra with his Hole in the Wall experiments. Simon Finch was really great in getting me to see the way mobile learning and elearning is improving education in Newcastle.
- TeachMeet Gateshead presenters
- Simon Finch’s e-safety and e-learning presentations and more!
- ICT in Education– incredible site by Terry Freedman
- Language Garden– beautiful language mindmaps by David Warr
- VITAL teacher professional development webinars
- Every1Speaks– Great crowdsourcing tool used
- 30 Goals for Educators
Share your story. Choose to be Disraeli and empower your students!