Recently, I gave a Keynote for educators new to developing a learning network through Twitter. Please share the following resources with those new to Twitter in order to encourage them to join our passionate educator community. This PRESTO presentation is an updated version of my previous one, How to Build A PLN Using Twitter.
In order to be cutting edge and stay relevant in any career field, we need a Personal Learning Network (PLN)! A PLN consists of individuals who we choose to take part in our professional development. These individuals share resources, exchange ideas with us, offer support, and collaborate with us. Twitter is one of the quickest ways to establish a PLN. However, many educators new to Twitter may not understand how the process works. In the beginning, I used to only update then I discovered how to engage with others in order to build a strong PLN.
Do you have 3 minutes, 20 seconds?
You probably do not have the time to read all the Twitter materials available, but do you have 3 minutes and 20 seconds? In the PRESTO below, I share with you how to connect with educators worldwide using Twitter. A PRESTO, PRESent your TOpic, is a video presentation style created by Heike Philp. The speaker creates a PowerPoint of 10 slides that auto-advance every 20 seconds.
Help other educators new to Twitter by sharing these resources through your presentations or workshops:
- My Twitter for Beginners Wiki filled with video tutorials and a 6 step guide to getting started on Twitter.
- My Keynote SlideShow: Connecting in a Globalized World Through Twitter.
- Youtube channel with video tutorials on using Tweetdeck, Delicious, RSS Readers, EchoFon, RSS Flash G, and more!
- EchoFon, Hootsuite and Tweetdeck– Free IOS/Android apps for Twitter.
- RSS Flash G– Tweet your favorite RSS feeds in seconds, share with others on Google reader, save in Delicious
Share these tools with educators in your school! I’m sure they have 3 minutes and 20 seconds!
You may want to subscribe to receive regular updates.