2nd Week of June 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media.
This video has been added to the post, 19 Resources About Personal Learning Networks (PLNs).
This video has been added to the Voki resources on the Technology for Kids Wiki.
- Incredible Mindmap of Various Links for Kids to Have Fun via @mwedwards
- Interactive 3D version of Anne Frank house via @NikPeachey
- Playcomic– Great resource of kid games & how to create a comic via @inma_a
- The TEDxClassroomProject– What happens when students respond to TED Talks? via @alexgfrancisco
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Have your high school students participate in the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge to win a $50,000 scholarship and $5000 teacher grant! Details here! Tweeted by @DEN. This contest begins August 17, 2010 and ends March 15, 2011.
- The Economist is seeking insights on the topic of the 21st Cyber Schools to win $10,000. Tweeted by @eschoolnews. This ends by June 23rd.
- If you are in the DC area and an educator you will be able to attend the 140 Conference for nearly half the price! Register here!
- Freelance education bloggers are wanted! You will get paid! Might be nice for extra cash in the summer!More details here!
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your favorite resource on Twitter this week?