June 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media for the last two weeks.
Below is one of the videos, Richard Baraniuk on open-source learning.
Art teachers will love this free program and this is excellent for students creating characters for stop motion films.
- Story Starters– What-if questions for stories via @bjnichols
- Multiple intelligence quiz– shows strength areas for learning via @CarolRainbow
- 50 Informative and Well-Designed Infographics via @ptaylorsjr
- Visualizing the BP Oil Disaster– Students see a Google map of the how the oil disaster would look over the area they live via @tombarrett
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- If you are in the DC area and an educator you will be able to attend the 140 Conference for nearly half the price! Register here! I will post more details about the education panel on this blog!
- Freelance education bloggers are wanted! You will get paid! Might be nice for extra cash in the summer!More details here!
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your favorite resource on Twitter this week?