Month in Review: April 2010!
April has been a busy month and you may have missed some of the tips, resources, and tools shared on Teacher Reboot Camp.
What you might have missed…
Your favorite posts this month based on comments and overall traffic:
- PLNs, Conferences, and Tweet-ups– In this post, I described my PLN as the bar scene in Cheers where everyone yells, “Norm!” I guess that makes me Norm!
- Changes– I recently am undergoing changes in my life that are impacting my online activity. Has this ever happened to you? How did you deal with this fork in the road?
- Favorite What Did They Tweet Series- In this post, our PLN shared with us a Chris Lehmann education technology quote, children’s books on the IPad, the youngest participant of TED Talk, and more!
- Favorite Cool Sites Series- In this post, you can find 15 resources and tips to back up Twitter hashtag discussions, DMs, blog posts, e-mail, and your Ning content.
- My Favorite Tech Tools & Resources This Month–
- Twistory– Simply sign-up with your Twitter account name only then pick which calendar service (ICal, Google Calendar) you’d like to export your tweets to and your tweets will show up on this starting soon after you sign-up. Looks like the picture below.
- Box.Net– Sign-up for 1GB of free space to share and archive various presentations and documents. You get a nice widget to embed to your blog and can access the files on your mobile phone.
- WikiMatrix-If you want to start a wiki, then you’ll want to compare the various features on the free Wiki sites using this matrix.
- Guest Posts– A heartfelt thanks to all my guest bloggers this month! Please leave them comments on their fantastic posts!
- The Good Mentor: Are You up For the Challenge? by Lisa Michelle Dabbs– You’ve adopted a PLN, but are you ready to be a mentor to a teacher? Lisa explores why we need more teacher mentors.
- My Favourite Sites for Teaching Phrasal Verbs by Janet Bianchini– Find various tools to help students with phrasal verbs. There are many great examples!
- 5 Favorite Technology Integration Projects by Kelli Erwin– Kelli makes several great suggestions for some end-of-the-year technology projects for students!
- My Wikis and Presentations:
- We Connect– Updated! This is my PLN wiki where you will find several resources, tutorials, videos and more on helping educators join a PLN. Please feel free to use the resources in your presentations on PLNs and social media.
- Technology 4 Kids– Updated! Ozge Karaoglu and I developed this wiki to help educators integrate technology effectively for young learners. Read about digital storytelling tools, Glogster, Voicethread, and more!
- Children’s English classes– Updated! Search by theme for book ideas and games for children ages 4 to 10 years-old.
- My Guest posts!
Thank you so much for your support of my free 30 Goals Challenge E-book. Over 1200 of you have read it and I am truly grateful! Download your free copy here.
Please feel free to use any of the resources shared here or in the wikis because the ultimate goal is to get other educators in our PLN.
You may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!