St. Patty’s edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media these past 2 weeks. Oh and don’t forget to wear green, today! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Video: Steve Jobs: How to Live Before You Die
Currently, I am reading The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs: How to Be Insanely Great in Front of Any Audience by Carmine Gallo which I won from Simple K12 website. I entered one of the contests I list at the end of my blog. They are free! Therefore, I found this inspirational video which was shared by @janetbianchini very timely.
Wallwisher + Photobabble Tip!
@Ij64 shared useful insight on creating photos that talk for lessons in his post, Talking Photos: Fotobabble and Wallwisher. Below is the example, but make sure to visit the post for the great instructions.
How to Make Powerful PowerPoint Presentations
@Sethdickens created this fantastic presentation which encouraged me to create a PowerPoint with no bullets. My presentation in Greece this past weekend was very successful and I am happy that I found this resource by reading @janetbianchini‘s post, Using PowerPoint to Liberate Myself!
Your Body as a Touch Screen
Usually, I don’t share my finds but I think you will love this video about our bodies being touch screens, which I found in the article, Skinput Turns Your Skin Into A Touchscreen (VIDEO): Tap Your Arm To Control Your Gadgets.
Plan to Save the World via Ed
@monk51295 and her students created this great video they will share with the President.
- Visit Neave’s interactive tools to play with webcam tricks, draw in 3D, watch television and more. Tweeted by @MarkShepard.
- 50 Web 2.0 Tools Your Students Wish You Would Use This site was created by 8th graders and offers an extensive list of free educational tools. Tweeted by @ktenkely.
- Visit AdOut to remove unwanted advertisements from websites. Tweeted by @Sharon_elin.
- Update! Skype coming to your television! Tweeted by @MrR0g3rs.
- Read this interesting article, McMillan introduces remixable e-textbooks. Tweeted by @Paulmaglione.
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Make a comment describing how you would use the eBeam Edge in your classroom to win one.. Tweeted by @SimpleCEO. This ends by March 31st. Remember I won a prize from them and you could be the next winner!
- Enter to win a 21st century classroom from Discovery Education! This ends by May 3rd.
- Early childhood educators, submit your best ideas for engaging children as active, curious learners to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by April 6th.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your best find on Twitter this week?