February’s 4th edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media this week.
On the @livesofteachers’ blog you will find this excellent video describing PLNs, Personal Learning Networks – the What, Why and How. In this video, Darren Elliot discusses the theory behind PLNs and defines the term. This is one of the best presentations I have seen about PLNs and I encourage you to share this with those new to PLNs.
Video: Social Media is Going Away
In this video clip, @JeffPulver discusses the future of social media. His thoughts made me reflect on social media. Jeff says, “Really what we are seeing is the evolution of communication. As a society we will feel the effects of hyper-communication.” Several of my friends have already expressed this. What do you think?
@Sywtt featured two incredible TED videos in his post, Trials Turn To Gold. As we think about the Olympics and gold medals, we think about personal heroes and how many of the athletes inspire us. In this video, an inspirational person, discusses her physical disabilities and how to cope with adversity. I encourage you to read his response to the video and see the second TED video as well.
Dilbert: Death by PowerPoint
Great Links Shared
Below is a list of great resources shared:
- Tweetz TV- Scans your Twitter feed and creates a channel of all videos shared by your PLN. Tweeted by @Jswiatek.
- The 60 Web 2.0 Tools in 60 Minutes presentation and wiki was tweeted by @Joevans.
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources, webinars, and more:
- Nominate your school district site for recognition and donations. Tweeted by @Allofek12.
- Submit your response to how you help your students plan and organize their time to win $200 and a Flip Video camera or an IPod Nano with video. Tweeted by @weareteachers.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your best find on Twitter this week?