“The best teachers are those who pass on their zeal and enthusiasm as a legacy to their students.” – Robert John Meehan
Learning doesn’t have to stop just because students are out of school. I have included my recent presentation slides and resources below to help you discover ways to inspire students and their families to experiment, code, make, build, read, and explore during their breaks. Click the headings in the slide presentation below to visit the resources.
?Discover more ways to design engaging distance learning experiences by taking my new accredited graduate course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning.
Tips and Resources
- Student virtual check-ins Teacherrebootcamp.com/virtualcheckins
- Five Finger Student Check-in- 5 – I feel fantastic 4 – I feel happy 3 – I feel okay 2 – I feel unfocused 1 – I feel bad
- Establish routines and schedule- Feel free to copy and edit this schedule
- Tip! Edit your notiﬁcations
- Give meaningful choices
- Make it visually engaging
- Keep it short and simple
- Less is more
- Take, remix, copy and share!
- Click this Wakelet to get copies of lesson plans and student choice menus to copy and edit as you wish!
- Click this Wakelet to create your Bitmoji Virtual Classroom!
- Feel free to copy my Bitmoji teacher guided Virtual Field Trip to Disney World!
- Tips for using one of the choice menu templates:
- Add a turn in link.
- Headings on the online classroom should match the tasks.
- Duration is a week. Give students time to complete the tasks. Ideally, you post the menu on Monday and students turn in Friday or the following Monday.
- Student voice
- Create clear and concise instructions
- Provide visual guides and tutorials
- Game it up! Check out ShellyTerrell.com/games
- Tynker, Prodigy, MinecraftEdu, Code.org, Kahoot, Pokémon Go, Teach Your Monster to Read, and Khan Academy Kids
- Motivate with learning missions and badges! Check out my book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies with Edtech Missions.
- Geocaching.com and iOS/Android App
?Discover more ways to integrate technology effectively by taking one of my fully accredited online courses or get one of my books!
Schools worldwide are in need of educators who can engage students of all ages in an online platform and facilitate students’ learning success virtually. In the course, Online Learning: Best Practices to Leverage the Power of Distance Learning, participants discover hands-on how to continue the learning process at a distance even during inclement weather, a health crisis or other safety issue. Additionally, participants will create distance learning products and receive feedback from their peers and the instructor, a global leader in online learning, Shelly Sanchez Terrell (@ShellTerrell). For more information about this class, click here.
Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
?Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning or The 30 Goals Challenge or take a fully accredited online course for graduate credit (Online Learning Best Practices, Connected Educators or TESOL Methodologies)!