I’m excited to announce that on July 5th my two new online courses begin, Methodologies for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and Connected Educators: Harnessing the Power of Social Media for Professional Development. One of the many reasons I enjoy working with the team at Edtechnology Specialists is that the company believes in giving back. These are the charities Edtechnology Specialists supports. In addition, we will also be awarding scholarships to a teacher in need. If you or any teacher you know of could benefit from taking these online courses, then please complete this scholarship application. It shouldn’t take too long to complete. The scholarship can be applied to the July 5th session or the upcoming Fall, Winter, or Spring sessions. I will announce the recipient for the July 5th session soon, but the application can continue to be considered for the upcoming sessions. Below are some more reasons educators will truly benefit from the engaging online accredited courses offered by Edtechnology Specialists and Andrews University. Scroll to the end to for the embedded scholarship application.
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
Reasons Edtechnology Specialists’ Courses Rock!
- The courses are taught by education technology thought leaders and many are certified trainers, authors, teachers, and innovators.
- The courses are engaging with hands-on learning, real world application and community support emphasized. Each course has a Google Community where participants share and offer feedback.
- Courses cover a variety of topics, such as game-based learning, flipped learning, integrating Google tools, digital storytelling, writing strategies, assisted technology, and much more.
- Some districts offer teachers bonuses and higher salaries for earning a determined amount of Continuing Education Units or Credits (CEUs). The courses are Fully Accredited so can count as accepted CEUs. See the different options to choose the one that meets your district’s requirements.
- In each course, educators learn how to use different types of web tools and apps to complete the assignments and better engage and support their students.
- The courses are online so take them from the comfort of your home or anywhere you are connected. You have some flexibility when completing and turning in assignments. We begin July 5th, but if you are a few days late you can still catch up!