“The whole being of any teacher is within our hearts. Although education prepares us to teach, it is the love of learning that sustains us.”- Robert John Meehan
I am excited to announce that after a year collaborating with INTEF (Instituto Nacional de Tecnologías Educativas y de Formación del Profesorado) and the Ministry of Education and Culture in Spain, The Goal Minded Teacher: Challenges to Transform Student Learning (#EduGoalsMOOC) free open online course will launch on February 13, 2018. This Massive Open Online Course is based on The 30 Goals Challenge for Teachers, but this isn’t a requirement. Any teacher is invited to join and walk through the steps of learning how to regularly set instructional goals and transform the teaching and learning in their classes. Unlike most professional development, we work with you in finding out which goal setting strategies work best for you. We also help you determine goals you have as a teacher and help you to focus on the numerous “wins” so that you are motivated to continue striving for more! Below are 9 reasons why you should join this incredible professional development opportunity. Your moderators for the 5 modules are Fabiana Casella (@FabLCasellaEDU) from Argentina, Kelly Jake Duncan (@JKDNCN) from Texas, and me (@ShellTerrell).
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
- This free online course helps you set and achieve individual and collaborative instructional goals. Learning how to set achievable, short-term goals is so powerful! It means you experience more “wins” as a teacher and are motivated to achieve more!
- The Goal Minded Teacher offers you an incredible opportunity to develop a Personal/Passionate Learning Network (PLN)! The educators you meet will share resources, experience, and offer support! Some of the people you meet will remain your friends for life!
- Learn how to collaborate with teachers worldwide! INTEF offers some of the materials in Spanish and attracts a global audience of teachers more so than most professional development. We encourage you to partner up and create materials together.
- Participate and learn in various ways! We will share and meet regularly on our Facebook group, Twitter (#EduGoalsMOOC), and through weekly live events (expert panels on Google Hangouts). We also show you videos for each module!
- Earn a badge for your efforts, which is backed by INTEF and the Ministry of Education in Spain!
- Learn from experts around the world through our live events.
- Learn how to integrate technology effectively through hands-on collaborative tasks and materials development.
- Participate in hands-on activities you can apply now to your instructional practice.
- Keep a digital portfolio of your accomplishments and digital badges for current and future employment opportunities.
Challenge: Join the #EduGoalsMOOC now!