“History cannot give us a program for the future, but it can give us a fuller understanding of ourselves, and of our common humanity, so that we can better face the future.” - Robert Penn Warren
As the New Year approaches we often reflect on the past year to set new goals. One way for learners to reflect on the past is by creating a personal timeline of the important events of the past year. Learners can also create timelines to document their lives, family history, or examine a famous person’s life. The following free web tools will help learners design multimedia timelines.
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
- Read Write Think walks students through the definition of a timeline and creating their own. Find more lessons and interactives for creating timelines here, including a lesson on creating a family timeline.
- Tiki-Toki is a web tool for creating beautifully animated 3D timelines with images, text, and colorful backgrounds. Embed on a website.
- Timetoast is a web tool for creating timelines with images and text description. Embed the animated timeline on a website.
- Timeglider is another web tool for creating timelines with images and text and legends.
- Sutori is a web tool for creating a timeline with pdfs, images, and video.
- Capzles is a web tool and iOS app for creating a timeline with pdfs, images, and video.
- Myhistro is a web tool and iOS app for creating a timeline with a map.
- Timeline JS is a web tool to create a timeline with a spreadsheet. Add images and embed soundclips from Soundcloud.
Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
Check out my Digital Click and Learn December Calendar with more posts like these full of resources to celebrate the holidays digitally!