The last week of June I am attending the Badge Summit and ISTE convention in my hometown, San Antonio. This will be my newborn, Savannah’s, first ISTE. Savvy and I will be Periscoping as ISTE Media Reporters. Watch our first Periscope video below to find out why this ISTE is so special for Savvy and our family!
Follow us on Twitter, @ShellTerrell, to catch the livestream or to catch up with us during the conference. We’d love to meet you face-to-face and interview you. Don’t miss out on the virtual events and contests shared via the hashtag, #NotAtISTE and #PassthescopeEDU. Below, find a list of other events (some free) in San Antonio for you to attend!
— Shelly Sanchez (@ShellTerrell) June 15, 2017
- On Sat., June 24th, catch us at the Badge Summit. We will be interviewing the presenters, including one of the organizers, Noah Geisel (@SenorG).
- On Tues., June 27th, from 11:45 am–12:45 pm, in Room 301BC, I will be part of the ISTE panel, Personalize Professional Learning with Digital Badges and Micro-credentials, along with digital badging gurus Rich Dixon, Noah Geisel, and Cate Tolnai.
- On Sat., June 24th, is the Hack Education Unconference in San Antonio.
- On Sun., June 25th, is the free TeachMeet in San Antonio.
- Click here for more free ISTE Unplugged events you can attend in person or virtually!
Where’s the Party?
- Join us Sat., June 24th for the Hack Education After Party sponsored by Participate.
- On Sun., June 25th, join my family at Estela’s Mexican Restaurant for the Mariachi breakfast. Message me on Twitter if you need a ride from downtown. We truly enjoyed taking a group of friends last time ISTE was in SA. We will meet there around 10 a.m. for the breakfast TexMex buffet. Mariachis start around 11:30 a.m.
- Join us Mon., June 26th for the ISTE Rally for Educators Party sponsored by Legends of Learning.
- Join us Tues., June 27th for fun at Edtech Karaoke.
Challenge: Have an incredible learning experience with other teachers by stepping out of your comfort zone and exchanging ideas with teachers.
If you enjoyed these ideas, you may want to get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers or my $5.99 ebook, Learning to Go, which has digital/mobile activities for any device and editable/printable handouts and rubrics.
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!