“If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” – John Dewey
Goal: Improve a lesson plan or activity to create a meaningful learning experience for your students. This can be a previous lesson you feel students have struggled with in the past or you can adapt a lesson plan you find on a website. Find 1000s of lesson plans and tips for lesson planning here.
Here are a few ideas to make a lesson more engaging:
- Transform the lesson into a learning mission. Find tips and resources here.
- Add a technology component. Find my technology integration tips here.
- Add some humor to the lesson. Find tips and resources here.
- Bring your textbook to life. Find tips and resources here.
- Make the lesson more hands-on.
- Get students moving. Find tips and resources here.
- Change the environment. Take the lesson outside or change the classroom setup.
- Start the lesson in a new way. Find tips and resources here.
Get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers and Learning to Go.
Earn a badge for completing this goal!
New to The 30 Goals Challenge? Each year, teachers worldwide aim to accomplish 1 to 30 goals that transform their teaching. Join the movement by accomplishing any goal from any of the cycles then letting us know through a blog reflection or status update on our Facebook community or on Twitter,@30GoalsEdu . At our official site, 30Goals.com, find all the goals, participant reflections, badges, and get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers: Small Steps to Transform Your Classroom workbook.
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!