Part of Upcoming Events
For the next month, I will be participating in many free online events that are really worth checking out. Anyone can view these events live and participate via an online chat, webcam, mic, and more. You will watch live presentations from teachers worldwide on various educational technology projects and in many cases you can receive a certificate of attendance to show to your learning institutions. Below is the description of these events, the links to the webrooms, and the times. Mark them on your calendar and invite a few friends.
Simple K12 Webinars
Thanks to the Simple K12 I present various webinars each month for free.
- Thurs., April 4th, 2pmNYC/7pmUK, Use Engaging Games to Make Learning Fun for Young English Language Learners (ELL). Register here https://www2.gotomeeting.com/
- Thurs., April 4th, 3pmNYC/8pmUK, Enhance Writing using Graphic Organizers, Register here https://www2.gotomeeting.com/
American TESOL Free Friday Webinars
Thanks to the American TESOL Institute, I conduct free 30 minute online webinars on the Adobe Connect platform every Friday at 4pm EDT (New York Time), 3pm Texas, 1pm LA, 5pm Brasilia, 9pm London, 10pm Paris, 11pm Athens/Istanbul, Sat 8am Sydney time, and Sat. 6am Tokyo time.
Click this link to join as a guest! http://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell
Upcoming topics include:
- Fri., April 5 Teaching Poetry: 10+ Resources, Tools, Ideas
- Fri., April 12 We Like to Bring It! BYOT in ELT
- Fri., April 19 Great Infographic Tools & Lesson Ideas
- Fri., April 26 Outdoor Activities with Mobile Devices
- Catch past video archives here, http://americantesol.com/blogger/?cat=10
- Find all the resources here including certificates here, http://bit.ly/ELTLINKs
- Access the Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/ShellTerrell/presentations
TeachMeet Online Apr 20th
The 4th TeachMeet Int’l will be held online at 3:00 pm CET on Saturday, April 20, 2013. These are 3 minute presentations by teachers worldwide on various topics. Check your time zone here. If you want to take part in the TeachMeet as a speaker fill out this form and prepare a short three-minute presentation. My 3 minute presentation that I just submitted is Conceptualize This! Ideas, Tools & Activities Involving Cognitive Maps.
Learning2gether EdTech Upcoming Presentations
I will be presenting a free webinar, Integrating Bring Your Own Technology/Devices Successfully. This is based on my experiences teaching teens recently throughout Croatia and Slovania under this premise.
- Date: Friday, April 26th
- Time: 5pmEDT (NYC)/10pmGMT (UK)
- Blackboard Webinar URL: http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/
Other upcoming events:
- Monday, April 1 – Vance Stevens on Learning2gether streamed live online from Al Ain Men’s College UAE
- Sun Mar 31 – James Buckingham and Vance Stevens discuss relevance of “badge” systems for promoting PD amongst teachers both locally and globally
- Sun Apr 7 or Mon Apr 8, we appreciate volunteer hosts / presenters from now onwards
- Sun Apr 14 or Mon Apr 15, again we appreciate volunteer hosts / presenters
The Virtual Round Table Free EConference
I am currently co-organizing a free econference with Heike Philp, Berni Wall, & Steven Herder. Proposals are now being accepted to present at the 6th VRT WebCon on language learning technologies, 17-19 May 2013. You are more than welcome to just attend in your pjs! Submit your proposal to present at this free online conference here, http://www.virtual-round-table.com/page/6th-vrt-webcon-call-for-proposals
- Adam Simpson has listed webinars throughout April and May for English Language Teachers here.
- Find many more free online events in Shamblesguru’s regularly updated Ezine http://www.scoop.it/t/teacher-cpd-online
Attend one of these conferences, invite a colleague new to free online professional development, and write a reflection about the experience on your blog or on your social networks.