For the next month, I will be participating in many free online events that are really worth checking out. Anyone can view these events live and participate via an online chat, webcam, mic, and more! You will watch live presentations from teachers worldwide on various educational technology projects and in many cases you can receive a certificate of attendance to show to your learning institutions! Below is the description of these events, the links to the webrooms, and the times. Mark them on your calendar and invite a friend
American TESOL Free Friday Webinars
Thanks to the American TESOL Institute, I conduct free 30 minute online webinars on the Adobe Connect platform every Friday at 4pm EDT (New York Time), 3pm Texa, 1pm LA, 5pm Brasilia, 9pm London, 10pm Paris, 11pm Athens/Istanbul, Sat 8am Sydney time, and Sat. 6am Tokyo time.
Click this link to join! http://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell
Upcoming topics include:
- Fri., Oct. 5th, Promoting Literacy for Teens on Mobile Devices
- Fri., Oct. 19th, Wicked Activities and Sites for Halloween!
- Fri., Oct. 26th, Does it Add Up? Teaching Math to Language Learners
- Catch past video archives here, http://americantesol.com/blogger/?cat=10
- Find all the resources here, http://bit.ly/ELTLINKs
- Download the Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/ShellTerrell/presentations
Simple K12 Free Webinars
Thanks to the Simple K12 I will be presenting with several other educators on their Day of Learning, Sat., Sept. 29th; Day of Learning: iPad, Sat., Oct. 13th; and Day of Learning, Sat., Oct. 20th as well as on other dates.
Upcoming topics and the links to register are below:
- Sat., Oct. 13th, 12pmNYC/5pmUK, Amazing Organizational and Timesaving Apps for the Connected Teacher, Register here https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/354228050
- Wed., Oct. 17th, 3:30pmNYC/8:30pmUK, 10 Halloween Activities to Engage Learners, Register here https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/395726770
- Sat., Oct. 20th, 12pmNYC/5pmUK, Motivated to Write! Tips and Tools to Inspire Our Learners, Register here https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/454490506
Vital is free professional development offered by the Open University and offers free monthly webinars on various educational technology topics each month. For October they will cover video conferencing and e-safety. Find more info here, http://www.vital.ac.uk/events?tid=18 and free resources here, http://www.vital.ac.uk
The online webinars are FREE and will run from September 26 to October 4, 2012. Topics include: TwittEd, Online Libraries, Educational Virtual Trips, Classroom Teaching via Role-Playing Games, Mobile Apps, Tech in Music, Pinterest, Tech in English, GMail Makeover, Open Source Software for Education, Google Apps, Presentation Software Alternatives, Tech in Language Education, Podcasts in Education, Online Dietary Tools, or simply, topics in the realm of Educational Technology. Find the times, room links, and more here http://bit.ly/educ190webinars11213a (EDUC190 WF1) and here http://bit.ly/educ190webinars21213a (EDUC190 WF2).
Find many more free online events in Shamblesguru’s regularly updated Ezine http://www.scoop.it/t/teacher-cpd-online
Attend one of these conferences, invite a colleague new to free online professional development, and write a reflection about the experience on your blog or on your social networks.