Goal 7 of The 30 Goals Challenge 2012! Click the link to find out more about the new changes to this year’s 30 Goals Challenge for Educators!
“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.” ~ Socrates
Video: Reading to Ms. Milos’ 3rd Graders in Romania
Short-term– Connect with an educator in another country or have your students connect with students in another country. Several social media tools support great conversation, collaboration, and discussion. These include Twitter, Facebook groups, Wiggio, Google Plus, Twiddla, and Edmodo.
Long-term– Create a global collaboration project with your students. Begin to think about how your global project can really foster intercultural communication, collaboration, and problem-solving.
Resources and Ideas
- Prezi: Beyond the Classroom Walls: Effectively Managing Global Projects
- Prezi: Using Skype, blogs, and more to start a global project
- Several global project tools and resources listed in my wiki
- Do Our Students Realize They Live in the World?
- Getting Children Involved with Edtech and Voicethread
- Find out how you can read to the Ms. Milos’ 3rd graders in Romania
- Join the Global Classroom Community to help you get started with your project
Check out my Pinterests for other posts with this goal or ask me to add yours!
Create a list of quotes, songs, images, videos, and more that inspire you to be a great educator.
Did you reflect on this goal? Please leave a comment that you accomplished this goal by either posting your own video reflection on Youtube, using the hashtag #30Goals, posting on the 30 Goals Facebook group, adding a post to the GooglePlus page, or adding a comment below!