Goal 2 of The 30 Goals Challenge 2012! Click the link to find out more about the new changes to this year’s 30 Goals Challenge for Educators!
“Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming.~ Goethe
Short-term- Share with us your magical moment in teaching! What learner did you reach in your lifetime that made you really excited about teaching? Tell us, but please make up the student’s name. If you don’t have a blog please post any of your creations on Twitter using the #30Goals hashtag or as a comment on this blog.
Long-term- Post these magic moments somewhere where you can access them later. You can keep them in a blog or journal. Revisit them whenever you feel burnt out, stressed or depressed. Being a teacher is stressful but these magical moments really make it worthwhile.
You can share with us on any of the following:
- Posterous- the easiest way to blog
- Audioboo- record the story and leave a link in the comment’s section
- Create a Youtube video and I’ll add it to our 30 Goals Youtube Playlist
- This year we are focusing on 2 goals a week in order to have time to really reflect on the tasks and respond to each other’s posts and enhance our support system for each other.
- In the next few days, you will see my “Me Manifesto” and I hope to see yours!
You can use any of the great presentation tools bookmarked in my Pinterest, a cool way to bookmark links!
Share with us your magical teaching moment. Have your students relate to you an experience with a teacher who touched their lives.
Did you reflect on this goal? Please leave a comment that you accomplished this goal by either posting your own video reflection on Youtube, using the hashtag #30Goals, posting on the 30 Goals Facebook group, adding a post to the GooglePlus page, or adding a comment below!