30 Goals

Goal: Create Your Me Manifesto #30goals

Goal: Create a Teacher Manifesto of The 30 Goals Challenge!

“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” Ferdinand Foch

“Manifesto: a public declaration of principles and intentions.” via Wikipedia

Goal

Short-term- Create your Me Manifesto either on a blog, using the Word Dream iOS app, Animoto, Easel.ly, Canva, Tackk, Edubuncee, PowToons, or any tool. We want to learn about what makes you tick. What do you believe about learning and what kind of ideals do you carry in your classroom?

Long-term- We bring our ideals and values into the classroom. Our curriculum and students are influenced by them. It is important we reflect on them continuously and get our students to create their own “Me Manifestos” in order for them to identify what sets their souls on fire!

Check out these manifestos created by teachers:

Follow Shelly Sanchez’s board 30 Goals 1: Me Manifesto on Pinterest.
New to The 30 Goals Challenge? Each year, teachers worldwide aim to accomplish 1 to 30 goals that transform their teaching. Join the movement by accomplishing any goal from any of the cycles then letting us know through a blog reflection or status update on our Facebook community or on Twitter, @30GoalsEdu . At our official site,  30Goals.com, find all the goals, participant reflections, badges, and get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers: Small Steps to Transform Your Classroom workbook. Click here to discover all the 2015 goals!

Current 2015 Goals

• January 16, 2012 - 16:12 | Permalink

Yay!!!! Go Shelly!

Super news that the challenge begins again : ) Will definitely take it up again! It helped me as a teacher and a blogger last year – it gave me a lot of motivation and opportunities for reflection. Thanks so much Shelly!

Hugs,
    Vicky

• January 18, 2012 - 17:06 | Permalink

Dear Shelly

Thank you so much for continually striving to get so many educators to reflect on their teaching practice and ideals. You truly are an inspiring “agent of change”. I was motivated to create a short Me Manifesto today as a result of this post.

Warm wishes and hugs to you and Vicky (yay!!!)

Warm wishes

Janet

• January 18, 2012 - 23:23 | Permalink

Thank you Janet for creating your Me Manifesto in a comic! I think it might be the only 30 Goals comic strip so far! :-)

• February 4, 2012 - 10:00 | Permalink

Hi Janet!

Hugs from me too : ))))

Love,
      Vicky

• January 18, 2012 - 18:46 | Permalink

My Me Manifesto has to go here. I do have a blog, but it’s not the right place for this – at least right now. I hope this is an ok place for this.

Here goes:

I want to be the best teacher I can be. I have done a lot new self-reflection this past year – in my personal life – that has impacted me as a teacher.

I want to listen to my students – so they can direct their learning – with me as their guide.

I want to share with my students that learning is lifelong. That I even I struggle, and learn, and get stuck, and make mistakes.

I want to have fun with my students.

And, as I always have said, I want to teach my students to be good, kind, respectful people.

To do this – I want to model for them the best person I can be.

• January 18, 2012 - 23:22 | Permalink

Posting a comment on this blog is always acceptable for any of the challenges or even posting a Facebook or Google Plus status update. I can understand it might not be right for your blog at the moment and I thank you for completing the challenge. I like how you have listed these as want statements and definitely believe that as educators we need to serve as models.

• in Bali
    January 18, 2012 - 20:38 | Permalink

Dear Shelly,

I like this post, creating me manifesto is a great idea. you motivate many teachers to be better.

• January 18, 2012 - 22:37 | Permalink

Congrats on the revised start-up for this year. All success shall come. =)

• Pingback: #30Goals for 2012 has begun!

• January 19, 2012 - 07:27 | Permalink

Dear Shelly,

I am glad to see the challenge back for 2012. I meant to do it last year and am looking forward to attempting all the goals this year.

I have completed the first goal! Here is a link to my blog containing the Glog that I created to show my Me Manifesto.

Kind Regards,

Aimee

• Pingback: #30Goals: My Me Manifesto drafted « englezara

• January 19, 2012 - 10:33 | Permalink

Dear Shelly!
    Thank you so much for creating this wonderful project for teachers! When I first saw it (half a month ago or less), I was overtaken by this great idea of uniting teachers from all over the world and giving them an opportunity for self-reflection, growth, development and motivation. When I saw the first goal for this year, I thought that I’d definitely recommend this project to my colleagues but won’t take part in it myself, cause creating a Me-Manifesto seemed to be a task I have no way to cope with. I don’t like speaking about myself and it’s always hard for me to define my aims, goals, principles etc. But today I thought that I might give it a try, and ended up with this:
    It was the first time I used Windows Movie Maker (and the first time I created a video)! I would like to change it a bit later, adding some real photos from my classroom.. and I forgot to mention my interest in technologies in this video! Anyway… I’m excited about this result, too! :))

Warm regards,
    Helen

• Pingback: #30Goals: Me Manifesto drafted. Well, sort of. « englezara

• Pingback: Me Manifesto | Aspiring to Higher Tech

• January 24, 2012 - 03:36 | Permalink

It took me 18 years to write this: http://wp.me/P1Dq2f-mh

Cheers,
    Janet | expateducator.com

• January 24, 2012 - 07:55 | Permalink

What an incredible job, too! I understand what you mean by not trying to pigeon hole yourself as you say in your post. I like the continuous draft mentality.

• Pingback: Me manifesto | 4C in ELT

• January 30, 2012 - 17:45 | Permalink
  • Pingback: My One Word | Dare to Care

• February 7, 2012 - 21:16 | Permalink

Hi Shell,
    Taking the first leap into the #30Goals challenge. Had wanted to participate last year and just wouldn’t commit. Hope to do more this year! Here is my Me Manifesto in the form of a Glogster! http://ncarroll.edu.glogster.com/me-manifesto/

Thank you for taking the time to put this together!

Nancy

• Pingback: Mini-revolutions and Reach : Teacher Reboot Camp

• Ms. B.
    April 24, 2012 - 02:35 | Permalink

I am a little behind BUT here is a link to My Me Manifesto – video and blog post http://tinyurl.com/7263wy7 #30GoalsEdu

• Pingback: My Me Manifesto

• Pingback: Goal 12: Define and Spread Your Message #30GoalsEdu : Teacher Reboot Camp

• cbarksda
    August 31, 2012 - 23:06 | Permalink

Thanks for the challenge. What a great way to get started. Music is my life and want to share it!

• Michelle B
    November 13, 2012 - 09:24 | Permalink

Shelly,

I just came across you on Twitter and decided to check out the blog. I started my manifesto, and when I get a chance with my students I will definately have them do this! Looking forward to completing the challenge.

Thanks!