Part of the #Edchat Category
#Edchat turns TWO this week!
For the last 2 years #Edchat has been the birth of conversation for over 2000 educators weekly on how to improve education worldwide! #Edchat has created real change by igniting new projects, adding more educators to the conversation, inspiring over 400 educational chats, inspiring a new school, inspiring a free online conference with over 4000 attendees, and so much more. The conversation began 2 years ago with 3 educators- (Tom Whitby (@TomWhitby), Steven Anderson (@Web20Classroom), and (@ShellTerrell))- who desired education transformation and saw the need for educational stakeholders to discuss, debate, explore, reflect, react, and act on various issues which impact education. For this reason, I would argue that #Edchat is one of the most powerful hashtags creating real change in schools.
You can engage in the movement by:
- suggesting topics on the poll
- voting for topics
- engaging in the discussion
- blogging about the conversations
- inviting friends to the conversation
- presenting about the educator communities that exist
- transforming the conversation into action at your schools
In it’s two years, #Edchat has inspired, motivated, and transform educational stakeholders. We have a diverse group of student teachers, parents, students, administrators, and community leaders who participate weekly in order to collaborate on improving our education systems worldwide!
This was last year’s Wallwisher! Please continue the tradition by adding how Edchat has impacted you!
Helpful Edchat Resources!
Edchat is transformational because of you! Here are helpful resources to become more involved or to help introduce educators to Edchat!
- Edchat: Join the Conversation post– Read about the origins of Edchat and how to participate.
- Video: Edchat: Join the Movement!
- Tom Whitby explains the origins of Edchat and the motivation!
- Grab your Edchat Edublog Award to embed on your blog!
- Edchat Wiki with all the Archives!
- Edchat Facebook page!
- Edchat Group on The Educator’s PLN Ning!
- Edchat Post: Tips for a Successful Edchat
- 7pm NYC EDT: Edchat Weekly Summaries by Steven Anderson.
- 12pm NYC EDT: Edchat Weekly Summaries by Berni Wall.
- How to Participate in Edchat Using Tweetdeck
- Several Edchat resources on @Cybraryman1‘s website!
- Edchat Twitter Participant List.
- Edchat Poll to vote for topics.
We’d like to thank the following for their weekly dedication to Edchat:
- Regular Weekly Moderators- Jerry Blumengarten (@cybraryman1), @rliberni (Berni Wall), @kylepace (Kyle Pace), @mbteach (Mary Beth Hertz)
- Jerry Swiatek (@Jswiatek) archives all the Edchats
- Steve Johnson (@EdtechSteve) maintains the Edchat wiki
Get another educator involved in the Edchat conversations which take place every Tuesday at 12pm NYC EDT and 7pm NYC EDT! Participate by engaging a few and adding #Edchat to the end of your tweet.