Professional development is important for educators. I love the sharing spirit of our Passionate/ Personal Learning Network (PLN) who continuously provides free presentations and resources online through webinars, blogs, wikis, and podcasts. The fantastic part is that many of these resources are free and can be enjoyed by educators worldwide in the comfort of their home, while at school, or while traveling on the subway on the way to work.
Thanks to the American TESOL Institute, I will be conducting 6 free 30 minute online workshops on the Adobe Connect platform every Friday at 4pm EST (New York Time), 9pm London Time, 8pm GMT:
- Digital Storytelling with Young Learners, Oct. 22nd
- Here are the digital storytelling wiki resources that accompany this presentation!
- Mobile Motivation: Getting Your Students to Learn English Using their Smart Phones, Oct. 29th
- Check out this post, Mobile Motivation: 17 Digital Storytelling and Literacy Apps and Resources for Kids
- Check out this post, Texting and Teachers Experimenting with Technology
- Using Wikis to Integrate Effective Online Tasks for Learners, Nov. 5th
- Here are the wiki resources that accompany this presentation!
- Cooperative Learning to Motivate & Effectively Manage Young Learners, Nov. 12th
- Check out this post, Cooperative Learning vs. Competition
- Enriching the Young Learner Classroom with Drama Tasks, Nov. 17th
- Using Graphic Organizers to Enrich Discussion, Nov. 26th
Check your time zone here! This is the Adobe Room to join at 4pm EST http://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. I will be updating this page with the wiki and blog resources I prepare for each presentation so bookmark and visit this website every Saturday for the latest updates.
Attend one of the free workshops or use one of the resources shared in the wiki or in the blog posts!