Perhaps you were fortunate enough to take a holiday or vacation? If so, you may have missed some of the tips, resources, and tools shared on Teacher Reboot Camp.
What you might have missed…
Your favorite posts this month based on comments and overall traffic:
- Tips and Tools to Manage Your Twitter Time– Social media doesn’t have to overwhelm you if you know the tools that make your time more manageable! 🙂
- Favorite What Did They Tweet Series–Watch Seth Godin speak about education reform, share this amazing If You Give a Teacher Twitter Prezi, and find a cool way to make a nice page on Facebook for free.
- My Favorite Tech Tools & Resources This Month–
- Guest Posts– A heartfelt thanks to all my guest bloggers this month! Please leave them comments on their fantastic posts!
- My Reign is Over by Kevin Creutz– Kevin let his students decide the curriculum for an entire day and was amazed by the results. This was part of the 30 Goals Challenge.
- Does the Flap of a Butterfly’s Wings in Brazil Set Off a Tornado in Texas? by Marti Sides– Marti describes how one action creates transformation and change around you! This was part of the 30 Goals Challenge.
- Passing on the Baton in the Name of Reform by Tom King– Tom encourages to go beyond mentoring and supporting each other! This was part of the 30 Goals Challenge.
- Giving In Is The First Step Towards Failure by Marisa Pavan– Marisa describes her first steps using technology with her students! This was part of the 30 Goals Challenge.
- The Best Kept Secrets of Highly Successful Edu-Bloggers by Karenne Sylvester– Karenne provides us with useful tips for blogging.
- Xtranormal: Text to Speech Video—A Few Uses by Kathy Niebuhr– Kathy shares innovative ways of using Xtranormal to inspire students with reading projects.
- If you would like to contribute to this blog, please e-mail me at ShellyTerrell at gmail.com. If you would like to contribute to the 30 Goals Series, please complete this Google spreadsheet.
- We Connect– Updated! This is my PLN wiki where you will find several resources, tutorials, videos and more on helping educators join a PLN. Please feel free to use the resources in your presentations on PLNs and social media.
- Technology 4 Kids– Updated with new Skype resources! Ozge Karaoglu and I developed this wiki to help educators integrate technology effectively for young learners. Read about digital storytelling tools, Glogster, Voicethread, and more!
- Children’s English classes– Updated! Search by theme for book ideas and games for children ages 4 to 10 years-old.
- Did you miss The Reform Symposium free e-conference? The lack of posts this month was due to coordinating this free e-conference with Kelly Tenkely, Chris Rogers, and Jason Bedell. Here are useful links:
- Download the free podcasts of the presentations on ITunes.
- Download the recorded sessions, chat transcripts, and slides by clicking on the presenter’s profile.
- Access the links that were part of the presentations by @billbrown and @beckyjoy.
- Quotes from the conference by @Jenverschoor.
- Follow the hashtag #RSCON10.
- Follow people using the #RSCON10 hashtag by using Blast Follow.
- I’m now the Social Community Manager for The Consultants-E! Check out our Facebook and Twitter, @TheConsultantsE, pages for great e-learning, education technology, and mobile learning resources and tips!
- I write the weekly summaries for Parentella’s #PTChat, the parent and educator discussion, which occurs every Wednesday at 9pm PST.
Thank you so much for your support of my free 30 Goals Challenge E-book. Over 3000 of you have read it and I am truly grateful! Download your free copy here, print it out, share it with your staff!
Please feel free to use any of the resources shared here or in the wikis because the ultimate goal is to get other educators involved in our PLN.
You may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!