#Edchat turns ONE this week!
It has been an incredible year of opening a conversation to over 2000 educators weekly! The conversation began a year ago with 3 educators (Tom Whitby (@TomWhitby), Steven Anderson (@Web20Classroom), and I (@ShellTerrell)) who desired education reform and saw the need for educational stakeholders to discuss, debate, explore, and reflect on various issues which impact education. This was how the hashtag, #Edchat, began but really it has been an amazing year because you contribute each week by:
- suggesting topics on the poll
- voting for topics
- engaging in the discussion
- transforming the conversation into action at your schools
In it’s first year, #Edchat has inspired, motivated, and transform educational stakeholders. We have a diverse group of student teachers, parents, students, administrators, and community leaders who participate weekly in order to collaborate on improving our education systems worldwide!
In the first year, Edchat has seen great moments, such as:
- winning the Edublogs Award for Most Influential Tweet Discussion
- involving guest speaker Alfie Kohn!
- being a trending topic on Twitter!
- inspiring several blog posts from educators worldwide
- birthing collaborative projects, such as The Reform Symposium E-Conference
Please leave a message of how Edchat has impacted you on this Wallwisher by clicking anywhere on the wall!
Helpful Edchat Resources!
Edchat is transformational because of you! Here are helpful resources to become more involved or to help introduce educators to Edchat!
- Edchat: Join the Conversation post- Read about the origins of Edchat and how to participate.
- Video: Edchat: Join the Movement!
- Tom Whitby explains the origins of Edchat and the motivation!
- Grab your Edchat Edublog Award to embed on your blog!
- Edchat Wiki with all the Archives!
- Edchat Facebook page!
- Edchat Group on The Educator’s PLN Ning!
- Edchat Weekly Statistics and Contributors!
- 7pm NYC EDT: Edchat Weekly Summaries by Steven Anderson.
- 12pm NYC EDT: Edchat Weekly Summaries by Berni Wall.
- How to Participate in Edchat Using Tweetdeck.
- Several Edchat resources on @Cybraryman1‘s website!
- Edchat Twitter Participant List.
- Easily follow Edchat participants with Blast Follow.
- Edchat Poll to vote for topics.
- Edchat Twitter Parade.
We’d like to thank the following for their weekly dedication to Edchat:
- Regular Weekly Moderators- @rliberni (Berni Wall), @kylepace (Kyle Pace), @mbteach (Mary Beth Hertz)
- Jerry Swiatek (@Jswiatek) archives all the Edchats
- Steve Johnson (@EdtechSteve) maintains the Edchat wiki
Get another educator involved in the Edchat conversations which take place every Tuesday at 12pm NYC EDT and 7pm NYC EDT! Participate by engaging a few and adding #Edchat to the end of your tweet.
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
What would you like to see from Edchat this upcoming year?