End of May 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media.
You can find my contributions in slides #47 and #136!
This is the kind of school all students around the world should be able to attend. The leadership is supportive and the teachers are committed to their students’ learning even if it means stepping out of their comfort zones!
- Students find the best educational applications for their Ipod touches or smart phones via @ischooladvocate
- 100 online language learning resources via @NewsNeus
- TogetherVille– A social network for kids under 10 via @NikPeachey
- If your students are learning in a one-to-one laptop school, you may want to join this community of educators, Bring Your Own Laptop To School Group via @Joevans
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Nominate a Teacher for @ASCD’s Outstanding Young Educator Award
- Educators submit your best idea for Early Learning: Making a Difference to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by June 1st.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your favorite resource on Twitter this week?