3rd week of the May 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media.
You can embed this on your blog or wiki as well! You can choose to have the music play. Visit the full page for the entire experience!
Recently, I added this VoiceThread to the post, 17 Resources about Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)
What I really love about this video is how passionate Chance is about his performance. Many students would be extremely shy to show this type of emotion during a talent show in front of their peers, however, Chance is brave enough to show his emotion.
- 100 interactive presentation media other than PowerPoint via @hrheingold
- Editstorm– Collaborative brainstorming on a free sticky note board via @esolcourses
- Creative Commons comic book– A simple way to use Twitter with your students via @Jenverschoor
- Create a funny slogan with this Slogan Generator via @AnnaPires
- Create a funny slogan with this 10 best practices for using wikis in education via @Vale24
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Nominate a Teacher for @ASCD’s Outstanding Young Educator Award
- Enter to Win a Mouse Mischief Classroom Makeover from Simplek12.com! This ends by May 21st.
- Educators submit your best idea for Early Learning: Making a Difference to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by May 25th.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your favorite resource on Twitter this week?