Beginning of May 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media. However, I should note that one of the top stories this week on Twitter was about the new way to embed Tweets as posts in 3 easy steps, which was tweeted by @xdamman. This feature is reflected in this post! Do you like the new look? Please let me know in the comments!
Find the archive of the event here- http://www.learncentral.org/node/71871
Resources by me & others
- Google Wave’s New Wave Templates
- An amazing Glogster: Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century via @tperran
- Smories– Video data bank of short stories read by kids via @NikPeachey
- Guess the Google find out how many points you score in this great game via @ransomtech
- Dictionarist.com– An online talking dictionary which provides definitions and translations in many languages via @FaizaK
- Pecha Kucha’s videosfor the British Council Moscow conference via @olgabarnashova
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Nominate a Teacher for @ASCD’s Outstanding Young Educator Award
- Enter to Win a Mouse Mischief Classroom Makeover from Simplek12.com! This ends by May 21st.
- Educators submit your best idea for Early Learning: Making a Difference to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by May 25th.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- It’s Tweet Week on by Kevin Creutz’s blog.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
Do you like the new look?