Say Good-bye to March 2010 edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media.
Video: The Amazing Youtube Choir
Social media continues to amaze me. I believe a new online collaborative art form has emerged in which several people contribute to create a masterpiece. This virtual choir conducted by Eric Whitacre and produced by Scott Haines will show you what I mean by a collaborative masterpiece. Read the rest of the story of how this was created here. You may also want to see the collaborative video masterpiece my PLN has helped me create. This video was tweeted by @larryferlazzo.
Video & News: Sir Ken Robinson Webinar
@JackieGerstein shared this incredible wiki she has created to help educators teach with TED videos, Teaching With TED. Below is one video interview I found on the wiki with Sir Ken Robinson. Also, @RMByrne has posted on his blog about a chance for educators to attend a free webinar with Sir Ken Robinson on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 8pm EST.
Math Video: Nature by Numbers
@TeachScience shared this fantastic video to inspire students to make connections between math and nature.
- Visit the Twiz TV site to find scripts to popular television shows. Shared by @BethCagnol who uses this website to read scripts with her English Language Learners.
- Check out this cool interactive brain flash site. Students will enjoy what they learn when they click on Bangor. Tweeted by @altucker.
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources and more:
- Make a comment describing how you would use the eBeam Edge in your classroom to win one.. Tweeted by @SimpleCEO. This ends by March 31st. I won a prize from them and you could be the next winner!
- Enter to win a 21st century classroom from Discovery Education! This ends by May 3rd.
- Early childhood educators, submit your best ideas for engaging children as active, curious learners to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by April 6th.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your best find on Twitter this week?