March’s 1st edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media this week.
Flash Version of Bloom’s Taxonomy
Click on the picture below to visit two amazing flash tutorials on designing activities based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. You can also download the files for educational purposes. This was tweeted by @pgsimoes, @steelepierce, @nashworld.
TED: The World Needs All Kinds of Minds
Student Created Acceptable Cell Phone Use Rules
Free E-book on Digital Storytelling
Animated History Maps
@Retorta shared this link where you can find 17 free interactive history maps. A voice narrates the events that are shown on each map. Click the map below to visit an interactive map explaining the US territorial expansion from 1790 to 1861.
- Chile Person Finder by Google– This site helps family members find victims from the earthquake. Tweeted by @Mlomb.
- Tweettalk free Iphone app– Listen to music then have your tweets read to you. Tweeted by @ajep.
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources, webinars, and more:
- Submit an entry to the PBS Teachers Innovation Awards to win several different prizes. Tweeted by @MTranslator.
- Nominate your school district site for recognition and donations. Tweeted by @Allofek12.
- Submit your response to intervention strategies for students idea to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers. This ends by March 15th.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your best find on Twitter this week?