February’s 2nd edition of the What Did They Tweet weekly series!
Let’s see what our Personal Learning Network (PLN) tweeted about in education and social media this week.
Mashable’s TED Channel
Infographic: Real-World Applications of the Elements
@Angelamaiers shared this incredible infographic about the real world applications of the elements. Find more information about this infographic on this blog post. The entire infographic can be viewed and magnified to share with your students. Do you know which of these elements is used in toothpaste?
METC Presentation: Extreme Lesson Web 2.0 Makeover
@SYWTT tweeted this post by Angela Maiers who presented at the METC Conference this week. In Angela’s post, Live Stream at METC, she provides several resources to follow the great presentations. One of these is METC’s SlideShare channel where I found Darren Kuropatwa’s presentation, Extreme Web 2.0 Lesson Makeover.
Opportunities for Educators
Below is a list of great opportunities for free resources, webinars, and more:
- On Monday, February 15th, at 12pm EST/5pm GMT attend a free webinar with Alfie Kohn. Tweeted by @tomwhitby and @web20classroom.
- Nominate your school district site for recognition and donations. Tweeted by @Allofek12.
- Win a $4,000 Lecture Capture/Presentation System for Your School just by leaving a comment on a website. Tweeted by @Simplek12.
- Submit your response to intervention strategies for students idea to win $200 and a Flip Video camera. Tweeted by @weareteachers.
If you enjoy this series, you may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!
For more tweets, check out these posts:
- Monthly Best Tweets by Larry Ferlazzo.
- My PLN Says… by Burcu Akyol.
- Monthly Tweets by Karenne Sylvester.
Share one of these resources with another educator not on Twitter. Then tell them you got the tip from educators on Twitter!
What was your best find on Twitter this week?