Cool Sites

Resources for Resolutions & Reflection

Part of the Cool Sites weekly series!

It’s that time of year when we reflect upon what we have achieved personally and professionally. The first week of January is when I usually begin mapping out these goals and delineating my plan of action for achieving these goals. In a later post, I will share with you how I try to accomplish my goals and what I find works best for me. This is the first year I am adding social media goals. If you are still planning your goals, then these sites and resources may provide you with some food for thought.

Goals You Can Still Accomplish

The New Year is still a few days away. In the meantime, you could still accomplish these social media goals listed on the Read Write Web article, 8 Things Every Geek Needs to Do Before 2010. Some of these include updating your privacy settings, friends lists, rss feeds, and copyright date. Other tasks include purchasing a smartphone and backing up your work! Read the article for more ideas.

Reflecting on 2009 via Google Wave

Mashable posted this incredible video of 2009 through the lens of a Google Wave.

More Reflection Resources

What were important trends this year?

These articles offer a look at various topics that held our interests via Twitter.

Resolution Resources

These resources will give you an idea of what you might want to include in your resolutions for 2010:

Challenge:

Begin reflecting on the goals you have accomplished this year and what you hope to accomplish in the next year.

What kind of goals are you thinking of accomplishing in 2010?

You may want to subscribe for free to receive regular updates!

• Pingback: Tweets that mention Resources for Resolutions & Reflection | Teacher Reboot Camp -- Topsy.com

• skorlaki1983
    December 29, 2009 - 06:26 | Permalink

Hey Shelley,
    Thanks for the mention of my blog post. I love these kind of reflective posts at the end of a year. Normally most people are thinking about what they want to change or do better in the following year and I just find it helps to write down what you want – it kind of makes it seem more obtainable.

Best wishes to you for 2010 and keep doing what you do that makes the rest of us happy :)

• December 30, 2009 - 13:21 | Permalink

skorlaki1983,

It was a great post! It is very inspirational to read how you’ve progressed through such an ordeal. Thank you for sharing.

• Marisa Pavan
    December 29, 2009 - 07:02 | Permalink

You’re right, Shelly! It’s time for reflection and meditation over the year that’s finishing and for setting goals for the year that’s starting.
    Professionally speaking, like Sarah, I’ve learnt a lot and it also contributes to my personal growth. It’s been a hard year for me full of challenges but I’ve received so much support in person and via virtual means that helped me have the strength I needed. So the first thing that comes to my mind is a big THANK YOU to my PLN and to you, Shelly, in particular who’s always been there (behind my monitor) caring about my personal and professional life.
    Marisa

• December 30, 2009 - 13:22 | Permalink

Marisa,

You are as much a support system to me! You have always been a great supporter and I appreciate your friendship.

• December 29, 2009 - 08:55 | Permalink

This is definitely a great time to reevaluate your goals and desires for improvement. However, it is also a good time to have your students do the same.

I have some good lessons and ideas on my New Year’s page:

• December 30, 2009 - 13:26 | Permalink

Jerry,

Thank you for sharing those resources and please feel free to share them on any post! You are absolutely right that students should reflect and create goals and action plans! This is vital to their personal learning as well!

• December 29, 2009 - 10:03 | Permalink

[riffly_video]AFBFA9B6F47E11DEB33A8271E0129FCF[/riffly_video]

• December 30, 2009 - 13:34 | Permalink

Marisa,

It’s so great to see your beautiful face and hear from you. Unfortunately, I don’t have the Mac and don’t have a way to leave you a video comment back but appreciate your comment. You have been a great friend to me!

• Pingback: TMI or NET? « Just a School Librarian