Part of the Cool Sites weekly series!
It’s that time of year when we reflect upon what we have achieved personally and professionally. The first week of January is when I usually begin mapping out these goals and delineating my plan of action for achieving these goals. In a later post, I will share with you how I try to accomplish my goals and what I find works best for me. This is the first year I am adding social media goals. If you are still planning your goals, then these sites and resources may provide you with some food for thought.
Goals You Can Still Accomplish
The New Year is still a few days away. In the meantime, you could still accomplish these social media goals listed on the Read Write Web article, 8 Things Every Geek Needs to Do Before 2010. Some of these include updating your privacy settings, friends lists, rss feeds, and copyright date. Other tasks include purchasing a smartphone and backing up your work! Read the article for more ideas.
Reflecting on 2009 via Google Wave
Mashable posted this incredible video of 2009 through the lens of a Google Wave.
More Reflection Resources
What were important trends this year?
- Social Media Trends to Watch in 2010- The Converstations blog made 7 predictions for the New Year, which include thoughts on apps, video, location based services, augmented reality, and more!
- 2009 Technology Trends That Impact Online Learning- The E-learning Coach discusses social media, gaming, e-book readers, open source software, and more.
- 5 K-12 Technology Trends for 2010- Edbuzz discusses the role of interactive whiteboards, new technology, netbooks, and e-books in education.
These articles offer a look at various topics that held our interests via Twitter.
- Top Twitter Trends 2009: What We Tweeted Most This Year- The Huffington Post recalls the top topics in the categories of technology, news events, people, and more.
- 2009 Seen Through Twitter Hashtags- Mashable provides a look at topics that caught our attention accourding to Twitter hashtags.
- The Top 10 Most Important Tweets of 2009
These resources will give you an idea of what you might want to include in your resolutions for 2010:
- My (Professional) New Year’s Resolutions – Burcu Akyol shares a list of her professional goals.
- What Are Your Blogging Challenges in 2010?- Problogger received over 100 comments to this question. This post is great for establishing your blogging goals, which should definitely included subscribing to Problogger.
- What I Learnt in 2009- Sarah Korlaki writes about her challenges in 2009 and challenges readers to pursue goals that will make them happy!
Begin reflecting on the goals you have accomplished this year and what you hope to accomplish in the next year.
What kind of goals are you thinking of accomplishing in 2010?
You may want to subscribe for free to receive regular updates!